The team of web development and design experts at Creative Original, Inc. have been designing and promoting websites for over a decade. Our goal is to educate our clients about the process of building a site and the important questions and details that must be reviewed in order to make the best business decisions at the very beginning of the project. Our process is efficient and simple if clients are prepared to provide clear feedback and insight. Here are the steps involved in our project management process:
Step 1: FREE Consult and Creative Inquiry
The first step to building a website with Creative Original is to schedule a free consultation to review your project and discuss design details, marketing goals, and budgetary considerations. The client will also be asked to complete a creative inquiry either in person or by email that answers the following questions:
- Do you have hosting? Do you know the logins?
- Do you know where you purchased your domain name? Do you have the logins?
- Do you have a logo or color scheme? have you had a professional branding package done in the past?
- Do you have your own photography or will we need to use stock images?
- Can you provide a list of sites you like and don’t like as examples of your vision?
- Is someone on staff going to write the content? If so can we confirm a sitemap (an outline of the pages) for the new site?
- Can you describe your target audiences of the site? Who are your current customers/clients/donors? Are there untapped markets you want to break into?
- Do you have a Google account for your business or organization? Can you provide the logins so we can set up Google tracking tools?
Step 2: Proposal Creation, Submission, and Review + Contract Confirmation
Typically it takes about 2 weeks for a client to receive a proposal, review the proposal and ask questions/negotiate the terms, accept the proposal, and sign the final contract.
Step 3: Website Mockup design and Approval
It takes approximately 2 or 3 weeks to complete a total of 3 website mockups based on the clients vision. These mockups are provided one at a time and feedback is accepted. The mockups are sent in JPEG format and can easily be shared with multiple decision makers. Once the new look and feel are approved by the client development can begin. Keep in mind that some design elements can not be changed once the mockup is approved.
Step 4: Website Design, Development, and Testing
Creative Original, Inc will design the look and feel of the new website online so it an be viewed on the Internet easily and quickly. All content is added during this part of the process. All images, including photos and logos, must be provided during this process if they are not being provided by Creative Original, Inc. All interactive features and custom graphics will be tested to confirm compatibility with all devices and browsers.
Step 5: Final Review and Website Launch
Once the website is completed with all content and features it will go through a final review by both the client and the Creative original, Inc. team. Any final edits will be completed. Remember, some changes in the design are not possible at this stage of the project without incurring additional fees, but most small changes can be accommodated. Once the site is approved it will be launched so it is live to the public and visible to the search engines.
Custom website design projects generally take between 2 and 5 months to build based on size. Projects can be completed more quickly when clients have clear visions of what they need online and are willing to make more customized changes at a later date.